Education and training is imperative in maintaining credentials
and registry professionalism. ACRA has promoted the education process through its Annual Educational Conference and informal
sharing of current standard changes. A well informed registrar is a successful registrar.
· To provide information on educational opportunities and professional development.
· To maintained an informed membership
of any up coming educational opportunities both locally and nationally, the latest methods of cancer diagnosis, care, treatment
and current trends in incidence and survival.
· To enhance the knowledge level and performance of Cancer Registrars through discussion and exchange
· To develop a mentorship program for new registrars.
· To promote
public awareness of cancer health and prevention through information dissemination.
To become more community visible by partnering with the ACS and other community
centered outreach programs.
To promote the registry profession by participating in local High School
career day or fairs.
· To update knowledge on new requirements for cancer reporting and cancer programs.